The Gironde is the largest department in metropolitan France. To survey it, criss-cross it, browse it, here are some tips:
The Gironde by TER
It is possible to connect some major cities of Gironde with TER trains.
- To go to the Bassin d'Arcachon, take the Bordeaux – Arcachon line (50 min).
- To go up in the Médoc, opt for the Bordeaux – Le Verdon line (1h50 min).
- The Bordeaux – Saint-Emilion line (33 min) takes you directly to the heart of the vineyard. Be careful though, the station is about 2 kilometers below the village.
- To explore the South-Gironde, choose the Bordeaux – Langon line (35 min).
If you are a bicycle enthusiast, know that there are solutions for park your bike, travel with him or rent it on arrival.
The Gironde by bus
You can also travel using the network of department bus. This network has more than 70 regular lines, including 4 lines that connect the TER stations of Gironde. The single journey costs €2,30 (valid for 2 hours). You can also buy a return ticket (to be done on the same day) for €4,10. These tickets can be purchased directly on board the vehicle.
In summer enjoy the Summer.
- 10 trips notebook for all: €18,40 (i.e. €1,84 per trip)
- 10 trips notebook under 28: €9,20 (i.e. €0,92 per trip)
- Free travel for children under 4 years old.
Do not hesitate to consult price list here.
Before moving, also consult thenetwork plan and the list of municipalities served by interurban lines.
Last tip, if you want to take the lines towards the coast, book your trip! This reservation can be made up to 1 month in advance, it is ideal to be sure to be able to enjoy our beautiful Gironde beaches:
- Bordeaux – Lege-Cap Ferret
- Bordeaux – The Porge
Single telephone number for all lines: +33 (0)974 500 033
If you want to move around Bordeaux Métropole, opt for the TBM network (tram – bus – bike – BATCUB). Phone. +33 (0)5 57 57 88 88
On the whole Arcachon Bay: the baïa/eho network
Airport shuttle from Mérignac/Bordeaux train station: Airport shuttle website
Getting around Gironde by boat
- Bins : Blaye/Lamarque et The Verdon/Royan are part of TransGironde network
Blaye : Phone. +33 (0)5 57 42 04 49 – The Verdon : Phone. +33 (0)5 56 73 37 73
- Bordeaux river shuttles : BATCUBs are part of the TBM network - Phone. +33 (0)5 57 57 88 88
- Around the Arcachon basin : THE UNION OF ARCACHONNAIS BOATMEN - Phone. +33 (0)5 57 52 28 28
Getting around Gironde by bike
- Across Metropolis : VCubs are also part of the TBM network- Phone. +33 (0)5 57 57 88 88