Bagas fortified mill

The Bagas mill (1316) is firmly established on the edge of an island on the Dropt. This rectangular building has a watchtower at each corner. The south arm forms a lock for the passage of boats. The front door, under a broken arch, is on the first floor, at the end of a metal bridge. Fortified since the Hundred Years War, it has characteristics comparable to those of castles. The fortification elements are very visible and cross-patted arrow slits adorn the walls allowing the surroundings to be monitored. Inside, 4 sets of millstones testify to the activity of the mill.

Ranking & labels

  • Listed historic sites and monuments


Mill visible from the road outside. Open to visitors only during European Mill Days.



  • Picnic area.

Suggestions and situation

Show / hide

Suggestions nearby